Likes, comments, reactions, OH MY!
Did you know social media can influence how we think and feel about ourselves? Or that social media can even influence many of our health behaviours?
The Bulimia Anorexia Nervosa Association (BANA) and The Community Health, Environment and Wellness (CHEW) Lab at the University of Windsor have teamed up to offer free interactive workshops and toolkits to learn how to navigate social media in a body positive way.
Who should attend?
Our interactive workshop and toolkit is geared towards mothers with daughters on (or thinking about using) social media…however, any person who is a positive influencer in the life of a young person (e.g., teacher, social worker, health promoter, etc) is encouraged to attend.
What can you expect?
– a 1 hour in-person workshop that is highly interactive, fun, and informational
– access to resources that can help you strengthen your relationship with your daughter
– access to a “Chose Your Own Adventure” mobile app, created for you and your daughter to work collaboratively and create a Social Media Contract
– light refreshments and a goodie bag to say thank-you for your time
Where and when can you attend?
Currently we are offering the interactive workshop and toolkit at 4 different locations across Windsor-Essex County:
CLICK ON THE LOCATION BELOW TO REGISTER:
1. Tuesday, October 22nd from 7 PM to 8 PM @ the Essex Centre Sports Complex – Shaheen Room
2. Saturday, October 26th from 4 PM to 5 PM @ Dance Barre
3. Monday, October 28th from 7 PM to 8 PM @ Tecumseh Optimist Community Centre – A&B Rooms
4. Tuesday, October 29th from 5 PM to 6PM @ Sandwich Community Health (Windsor Essex Community Health Centre; weCHC)