Bulimia Anorexia Nervosa Association (BANA) requires a HEALTH EDUCATOR , Full Time-Permanent (35 hours per week)
(JOB REFERENCE #HE-4-23)
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with Health Promotion team and BANA staff. The Health Educator is responsible for facilitating/performing health promotion and wellness education planning and implementation activities; participating in skills and capacity building activities; participating health promotion presentations, workshops and health fairs, in an effective and efficient manner; providing consumer-oriented eating disorder information and reference material within the community using print and electronic resources; participating in continuing education and forums.
- Conducts and updates presentations for schools and community as requested during flexible times
- Represents BANA at health fairs and forums
- Represents BANA on committees related to health promotion goals at BANA
- Recruits, oversees, trains and schedules volunteers for a variety of roles
- Responsible for organizing Eating Disorders Awareness Week in collaboration with staff to educate, engage and create awareness in the community and beyond
- Social Media outreach i.e. designing posts, uploading photos at events, IG lives and organizing panels
- Provides training to community organizations
- Identifies and develops eating disorder wellness and education initiatives based on needs of particular populations.
- Identifies opportunities to develop collaborative partnerships and linkages with a diverse array of stakeholders and sector champions in the community, clinical, health administration, partner organizations and government divisions.
- Works collaboratively with a diverse array of stakeholders and sector champions in the community.
- Participates in community networks that address specific community eating disorder health issues
- Advocates on behalf of community resources to access opportunities/resources for capacities and skills related to eating disorders.
- Participates in the identification and development of health events/forums/opportunities that foster shared learning and capacity building.
- Implements a variety of health promotion strategies including health education, social marketing, population health and community development in order to foster individual self-awareness
- Provides eating disorder promotion strategies with cultural competence and ethno cultural sensitivity.
- Provide a monthly board report to the Executive Director of updates
- Participate in EDO-Prevention work as requested and support the Eating Disorders Prevention Specialist
- Performs cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested
For more details on this position and how to apply click here
General resumes/inquires can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org