BANA, in partnership with the Teen Health-Windsor Essex Community Health Centre, provides centralized intake for new client inquiries and referrals for residents of Windsor and Essex County. Intake services are provided to all ages, free of charge (Ontario residents) and will streamline your access to treatment and provide a continuum of care while answering your questions and requests for assistance.
BANA provides clinical treatment to the adult population only; however, our Intake Worker coordinates centralized intake for all ages in our community and will refer youth and adolescents to our community partners.
The toll-free number (1.855.969.5530) is open weekdays from 8:30am – 4:30pm and has voice mail during off hours or if the Intake Coordinator is assisting another individual. Every effort will be made to contact you as soon as possible.
Treatment is not guaranteed and will be offered if appropriate. Treatment is time sensitive and prioritizes normalizing eating and reduction eating disorder behaviours. BANA’s program is not a fit for everyone.
If you would like more information BANA’s services, please complete an intake request form (below).
BANA is an outpatient eating disorder clinic that provides services for those living in Windsor-Essex who are 20 and older.
To review BANA’s eligibility for service recipient see Primary Care Provider Referral form below.
If you are experiencing any of the following, now may not be the right time for an eating disorder referral:
- If you are experiencing suicidality with active self-harm, intent, or plan
- If you have a severe or chronic medical condition that is untreated or unmanaged (such as diabetes, low blood pressure, electrolyte imbalance etc.)
- If you have medical instability that requires day treatment or inpatient treatment
- If you are currently experiencing psychotic or manic symptoms that are unmanaged
- If you have cognitive, language or daily functioning impairments that would render you unable to engage with the program content
- If you have a substance dependence that requires a detox phase first
- If you are incarcerated
Note: Documentation MUST be completed in full by the individual. To be eligible for screening for treatment services your primary care provider (PCP) MUST complete and submit the PCP form below.
For Youth & Adolescents
- This form must be completed by the teen requesting services. If you are reaching out on behalf of a youth/adolescent, please contact us toll free at 1.855.969.5530.
- Youth and adolescents will be referred to community partners. Services for Adolescents are serviced at Windsor-Essex Community Health Centre Teen Health Centre.
- For specific information on teen treatment services and wait times, please contact the Teen Health Centre directly, or visit: https://wechc.org/location/teen-health/
For Primary Care Provider
BANA is an outpatient eating disorder clinic that provides services for those living in Windsor-Essex who are:
- 20 and older (outpatient services)
- 16 and older (intensive outpatient services in partnership with Windsor Regional Hospital and weCHC-Teen Health)
To be eligible for services, the individuals must:
- Have a BMI of 16.5 or above (if your BMI is lower, please refer to the bottom of this page for more intensive options***)
- Must be medically stable and agree to regular medical monitoring carried out by your family physician or nurse practitioner. The primary health care provider is responsible for medical monitoring while you are waiting for service and attending services
- Must be able to commit to staying alive and willing to addressing any life-threatening behaviors (this in includes addressing eating disorder behaviors that put your life at risk)
- If you have additional diagnosis (depression, anxiety, PTSD, substance misuse etc.) it may be important for you to seek support to address these concerns prior to entering eating disorder treatment, if you have not done so already
- Be able to engage in activities of daily living
- Be ready to work on recovering from your eating disorder
Note: Documentation MUST be completed in full by the individuals primary care provider to be processed.
Adult Intensive Services
***BANA does not offer inpatient or hospital treatment. Please refer to links below for intensive treatment options.
- Credit Valley – www.mississaugahaltonhealthline.ca/displayservice.aspx?id=91132
- Toronto General – www.uhn.ca/MentalHealth/Clinics/Eating_Disorder
- London Health Science Centre – www.lhsc.on.ca/adult-eating-disorders-service-aeds/the-adult-eating-disorders-service
- Ottawa General – www.ottawahospital.on.ca/en/clinical-services/deptpgrmcs/programs/regional-centre-for-the-treatment-of-eating-disorders/
BANA is not a crisis service, if you or someone you know is in crisis, please visit the nearest emergency room, or contact one of the two crisis options in Windsor-Essex:
- Distress Centre Windsor Essex County: 519-256-5000 (operates noon to midnight)
- Community Crisis Centre Windsor Essex County: 519-973-4435 (operates 24 hours)
- Canada Suicide Prevention Service: 1-833-456-4566 (operates 24 hours)